Plan Your Stay
Ludlow’s Island is a pine-covered island on Lake Vermilion in northern Minnesota. The Ludlow family has been hosting families and vacationers for 80 years and four generations.
How do I get to the island?
If your vacation is in a cottage on the island or the north shore, we shuttle your luggage while a staff member introduces you to Ludlow’s and escorts you to your cottage. After that, any time you need a ride back to the mainland, just ask!
What makes an island resort so special?
The island has everything for your great Northwoods vacation. Our waterfront has a safe swimming beach, covered dockage for boats, a sundeck, canoes, kayaks, paddleboats, hydrobikes and our famous climbing rock, the large, floating “iceberg.”
Most importantly, Ludlow’s is a resort exclusively for our guests. The island is for our guests only. We don’t sell gasoline or pantry items to the general public, unlike many other resorts. We exist for the pleasure of our guests only!
Kids and Ludlow’s Island
Let us entertain your kids!
With daily activities and our fun beach and waterfront area, there’s sure to be something to keep your little (and not-so-little) ones occupied. Here’s a short list of some of the things your kids can participate in:
- hiking trips
- pontoon rides
- tree planting
- Native arts and crafts
- scavenger hunts
- “colorama” t-shirt painting
- marshmallow and hot dog roasts
- mini sailboat races
- sand castle building
- fishing derbys
Our guests tell us all the time: “We love coming here because we don’t have to worry about the kids.” Our island is private — only Ludlow’s guests are allowed at the resort.
Built by the Ludlow family across seven decades and with distinctive ideas in mind, our cottages are truly unique. Find out why »
8166 Ludlow Road
Cook, MN 55723
- Approximate travel time from Minneapolis-St. Paul is 4 hours.
- From Minneapolis, head north on I35 to Cloquet. If you are arriving from the air- port, take 35E North. 35E North and 35E South join a short distance north of Min- neapolis-St. Paul.
- After approximately 138 miles, exit onto Highway 33, go through Cloquet, and con- tinue north to Highway 53.
- In the town of Cook, turn right on 2nd Street, shortly after the Country Store Cenex gas station.
- Continue on 2nd Street across the railroad tracks, even though your GPS may tell you to turn right. 2nd Street will turn into Country Road 24.
- Continue approximately 3 miles, then turn right at the resort directional sign (Beatty Road/#540).
- Continue 5 miles on Beatty Road to Ludlow’s Island Resort on left side of the road.